Sunday, February 01, 2009

SNOW FALLING ON TARMAC


Attraction

In general, an attraction draws one object towards another one. So says wikipedia.

Attraction leads to friendships and romantic relationships. Attraction is very difficult to combat. Let's face it, you can't help who you are attracted to. In fact, it can be the bane of your life. Not that I'm saying I have an uncontrollable attraction to bald women or animals.

Talking to a friend, we were discussing our current attractions. His was between three, mine is one and one only. I told him that he couldn't decide who to pursue, it will tell him. Mine on the other hand is equally as difficult but completely different.

Of course you get attracted to a number of people, but it's the ones who are close to you that make the difference. I mean, I'm attracted to Cat Power and Joan Holloway, but that can never happen; one is the pseudonym of an american singer and the other is a fictional character.

And how can you measure the attraction. In an ideal world you could have some sort of barometer which could tell you whether the person worth thinking about every single day. At the moment I think it is, but only time will tell. There's a lot of waiting to be done.

I hope I can photo her with my Polaroid before the film disintegrates. 

No comments: