Tuesday, December 05, 2006

LOOK AT ALL THE LONELY PEOPLE




The time has come, because it's December, there doesn't seem to be anything else being released this year and I'm ill and bored, to compile the best albums of 2006 list. This is a tricky one as the mind is usually skewed towards records released in the latter stages of the year, records which are fresh in the mind. To compensate this, I will trawl my iTunes for items added this year (and released this year too).

So in no particular order:

Brand New - The Devil And God Are Raging Inside Me
My Chemical Romance - The Black Parade
The Young Knives - Voices Of Animals And Men
Rise Against - The Sufferer & The Witness
Peeping Tom - Peeping Tom
Minus The Bear - Menos El Oso (but this may have been last year)
matt pond PA - Several Arrows Later
Pearl Jam - Pearl Jam
Tool - 10,000 Days
Be Your Own Pet - Be Your Own Pet
Arctic Monkeys - Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not

I think that's it.

Tracks of the year is a different matter. It's far too difficult to think about that, so here are the most played songs on my iTunes that were (perhaps) released this year and are not in the album list:

Sean Lennon - Dead Meat
The Kooks - Eddie's Gun
65 Days Of Static - Radio Protector
Imogen Heap - The Walk
Audioslave - Revelations
Mogwai - Friend Of The Night
Taking Back Sunday - Spin
The All-American Rejects - Move Along
DJ Shadow - This Time (I'm Gonna Try It My Way)
Josh Rouse - It Looks Like Love

A good ten track album.

No comments: