Sunday, May 13, 2007

CLOSER THAN YOU'D THINK


After going to see Rise Against at the Astoria last night (bad sound at the start but pretty good in all) I was thinking about their video for Ready To Fall. I think this video was made as an advertisement for PETA to show the cruelty to animals that is commonplace in certain countries. Now I'm no vegetarian so I was thinking more about music videos recently that use a combination of stock footage and performance. Of the four below I think Rise Against and Linkin Park have more of an impact but the Taking Back Sunday one is quite arty. The Foo Fighters one doesn't really have a point, but the footage of the lion attacking the eagle is pretty special.




Rise Against – Ready To Fall



Linkin Park – What I’ve Done



Foo Fighters – Best Of You



Taking Back Sunday – MakeDamnSure

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah it was a good concert, I was there at all. I wonder how many of their fans support the PETA stance?

I noticed the PETA people were out in force and inside the venue some chaps with a clipboard that said something like "KFC cruelly treats its chickens" or something...I saw a kid take notice and sign the petition immediately without even reading it!

I had to roll my eyes...I'm 28 and felt like an oldie there!