Wednesday, February 06, 2008

COOL KIDS NEVER HAD THE TIME

What are the chances? The week I have no camera I pass a mad woman dancing in the tube station and loads of people dressed and racing with pancakes. Both perfect for capturing on video. Fear not, I have ordered a new one.

I have never worked on a Top 5 (or 10) Best Songs Ever list but I now think that 1979 by Smashing Pumpkins will be on it. Maybe Postcards From Italy by Beirut too.

Last night I went to see Okkervil River at the Scala. I had only heard one song before I went but it was very engaging. And completely packed.
Also I saw Paramore on Friday. Also pretty damn good, although the cover of Jimmy Eat World's Sweetness was ill-advised. I was most likely the oldest person there, evident by how easy it was to get to the bar. And I'm a mere 29!
I am currently liking the following songs:
1979 - Smashing Pumpkins
Nine In The Afternoon - Panic At The Disco
Grounds For Divorce - Elbow
After Hours - We Are Scientists
P.S. That photo isn't mine, and nor was the last one.
Why does the spacing always cock up on blogger? Rubbish.

No comments: