Wednesday, February 04, 2009

IT'S IN YOUR EYES


For someone who's meant to be run off his feet, I'm writing here far too much. Sometimes I don't even have an idea of what I'm going to write, or I think of one word and then go off on some tangent. 

So I am run off my feet. The snow meant that I had some respite and I could actually relax. So yesterday I read (still reading The Count Of Monte Cristo - at the current rate I'll be done by mid March. It's the longest book I've ever read and some chapters are really quite cumbersome as you don't know why you need to know this. Believe me the next book will be a breeze) and watched a film (it was The Orphanage). Last year I watched 68 films that I hadn't seen before. So far this year I've seen 3.

This really is rather a dull post. The problem is I had a relatively good day. When I have a bad day I can talk about my insecurities, my pathetic love life, my low confidence and my inability to find the one special thing that everyone should have. When I have a good day I have little to say. Is that because I think that art goes hand in hand with misery? Perhaps.

I always wanted to be one of those tortured artists who felt so much guilt and pain, but I never had a problem getting to sleep. At this moment in time I do have problems sleeping. So I cleared that one up. All I need to do now is write a bleak album and have a nervous breakdown. Oh wait I think I did one of those the other week.

And I say relatively good day. No one told me they loved me, or vice versa, I didn't discover a new band, I didn't buy that one great pair of shoes and I didn't have anyone stare at me in a 'I find you attractive' way. A good day doesn't really exist. It's too long. Let us live for moments. That way we're more likely to experience them.

Having a good moment and nothing else would constitute a good day. It's that moment which we'll remember the most.

(I was wrong, Alfie said he loved me - that'll do for today)

No comments: