Sunday, May 10, 2009

WALK THIS WAY


School starts tomorrow. If it's the same as last time it will be 8 weeks of pain with a breakdown or two in there. I'm hoping it's not going to be like last time. So far it has been better.

I should be meticulously planning for the next week with 4 lessons to teach this week (as opposed the usual 14 I'll be doing normally) but as I'm doing nothing tomorrow, I've done very little so far.

After yesterday, I've re-ignited my crush on the uke. 5 chords learned and getting better by the day. I thank my practice partner and hope for many more to come.

Also, if school this time is anything like last time then posting will be at a maximum. 

British things that should be law:
- Tea at 4 on the dot, without fail. (This will be undoubtedly be included on why life should be like the 50s post I'm working on)
- Everyone should own a tweed jacket and a pair of brogues.
- Saying good morning to strangers if you are up early at the weekend and the street isn't that busy.
- Old men going for a half of mild either just before or just after the Sunday roast.
- Diplomacy (either that or saying exactly what you mean).
- All but one football match at 3pm on a Saturday.
- Summer slacks.
- A local butcher and baker.
- Getting a man in.
- A tabloid and a broadsheet on Sunday.

British things that should be outlawed
- Greggs the baker.
- Swearing in public.
- Most football supporters.
- The Enemy, The Courteeners and any other working class band who is trying to say that it's terrible up north (1. it's not 1960, and 2. The Beatles, who you're trying to be, sang about love)
- Hello magazine.


No comments: