Friday, August 21, 2009

NO SENSITIVITY



Again, this site has been left to rot like a fat man's fruit bowl due to my obsession with the lives of George and Lynne (what are their surnames? We'll never know). Due to this weekend's non-activity, I have time on my hands to wax lyrical about certain things. Not controversial, but the moment will have passed by the time I get to talk to anyone about them, if anyone cares.

1. I'm not one to join the masses in human bear baiting - I watched Fahrenheit 9-11 last night and thought it was 2 hours of sour grapes Bush hating, and I'm not even a fan of Bush, but if you want to object to war, pick war as a target not a man who won two elections - but the freeing of this Lockerbie bomber, and to some extent Ronnie Biggs, is totally unacceptable. What is the point of sentencing someone to life in prison if they get released before they die? I remember when I was younger seeing front page news of Rudolph Hess dying in prison and, although I didn't really know what it meant, it certainly stuck with me. Do they just release these people just so they don't have to deal with the bodies? It's complete bullshit. If someone is sentenced to life in prison they should die in prison, i.e. they aren't fit to live a normal life. And the less said about the hero's welcome, the better.

2. Is it me or is the start to this Premier League season one of the most exciting in recent history? Everything gets sorted out by Christmas but Tottenham look great, Man Utd look patchy and Aston Villa look awful. Let's have something different this season.

3. Due to that bastard, I'm having to buy new glasses, plates, bowls and so on. And he had the balls to try and contact me asking where we stand. You owe me £2500, that's where we stand. I hope to fuck the courts haven't gone soft.

4. I bought a Thrice song. It's good. It's called Doublespeak.

Favourite songs in the world right now:

ELO - Evil Woman
Thrice - Doublespeak
Arctic Monkeys - Crying Lightning
Florence & The Machine - Drumming Song
Bruce Springsteen - Outlaw Pete


No comments: