Friday, August 28, 2009

WINNERS DON'T USE DRUGS

At this present moment in time I am not looking forward to going to bed. This is because I am on drugs for an ear infection and last night the side effects kicked in. When I woke up at 4:10am with crippling Kurt Cobain stomach cramps I thought it may have been the mushrooms which are, granted, 4 or 5 days out of date. Then I thought it might be the chilli. 4 hours and 6 trips to the toilet later I read the little bit of paper that comes with Amoxicillin 500mg Capsules. Some patients find that they suffer from an upset stomach or diarrhoea.

Although I don't consider myself a male stereotype, I do possess on trait: I don't read instructions. All I read for these pills were 'take 3 times daily'. If I had known that before I may have spoken to the doctor. Something along the lines of 'do you realise I have the digestive system of a komodo dragon with a sensitive stomach?' The moral of this story: always read the label.

Due to this, I'm quite glad I'm now not going to Reading festival tomorrow. It would have been quite tricky. Not to mention that I haven't drunk anything (alcoholic) for a good week and a half.

I see Kaiser Chiefs are on now, but Fall Out Boy look like they pulled a bigger crowd in the afternoon. Fall Out Boy probably have more fans than Kaiser Chiefs. Have you noticed how Kaiser Chiefs encompass the 5 states of indie. You have the singer who likes to sport a waistcoat, the drummer who wears a pressed shirt done up to the top and a smart haircut, the bassist who wears the tight jeans and vintage t-shirt, the guitarist who looks like he's from 1994 and finally the keyboardist who favours the hat. What other band does that? Unfortunately their music only encompasses on state of indie; that of early Blur (Modern Life Is Rubbish era).

Beatles reissues are out in two weeks. I will try to blag as many as possible but I would like to start with Rubber Soul.

That'll do for now.

No comments: