Thursday, December 18, 2008

IF I EVER KNEW YOUR NAME

15. Oasis - The Turning

Oasis release and album, everyone says it's a return to form, it's the best since Definitely Maybe, it's groove based, it's........ ok. When I first heard the initial snippet from The Shock Of The Lightning I have to say I was a little excited. It seemed raucous and edgy. What would the rest of the album sound like? What was going on with Liam's hair? The rest of the album is, as I said, ok. On first listen it sounds great (because it's Oasis and for 4 years of my life they were everything) but after a few listens it doesn't sound as good. Apart from 3 songs. Everybody else is going with I'm Outta Time and Falling Down, but it's all about The Turning for me. Liam snarls his way through it, the chorus seems to have some sort of gospel harmony and let's be fair, yes the beginning does sound like Devil Woman.

It's not a single and they've never played it live.




14. Mystery Jets - Young Love

I never like Mystery Jets before. I though the whole having your Dad in the band was just a gimmick and how many times do magazines have to mention Eel Pie Island? Then this song came out. It features the wonderful Laura Marling, whose album I thought was released last year but apparently it wasn't so it's in the best 10 albums of this year (list not published). Young Love is a lovely, but not twee like Belle & Sebastian, song about, well, young love. The video isn't bad either. And the line 'you wrote your number on my hand but it came off in the rain' is majestic.



Not to leave out Laura Marling, watch Cross Your Fingers

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Υestеrday, while I ωas at ωогk, my sistеr stolе
my aρрle iρad and tested to see іf it can ѕuгvivе а tωenty fіvе foot
drop, just sο shе cаn be а youtube sensatіоn.

Ϻу iPad iѕ now dеstroyеd and she has 83
vіewѕ. I know thіs іѕ
entiгely off topiс but Ι had to shаre
it ωith someonе!

Haѵe a loоk at my blog ρost :: tens pain relief

Anonymous said...

Tend not to place any stickers on your own apple ipad that can not be very easily taken away. A lot of people position decals on his or her iPad devices even though it can certainly ruin the exterior. When trying to eliminate all remains of a normal sticker label, it is rather easy to inadvertently depart scrapes throughout it. [url=http://www.ss12w12ws.info]Somnamburg4[/url]

Anonymous said...

It's a great idea to maintain cleanliness when camping outdoors. Items like washcloths, sponges, dishes, biodegradable cleansers, toothbrushes, tooth paste, cooking soda, floss, and clean water may help you stay nice and clean on your vacation. You may also use palm sanitizer, rubbing alcoholic drinks, and 100 % cotton balls on non-sensitive regions. Don't use anything at all with aromas because they can entice pests. [url=http://www.ss12w12ws.info]Matrimo5656[/url]