Sunday, December 07, 2008

USE/BE SOMEBODY


It's been almost a month since a drunken post about my band. Why has it been so long? Because it's hard work.

Starting a completely new profession from scratch is hard. It's especially hard because for the first 30 years of my life I have deliberately shied away from anything that I didn't take to immediately. I worked in music because it was easy. I liked bands because it was easy to like them. I have friends who are easy to get on with and it's not hard to keep in contact with them, or to maintain the friendships.

Things I didn't do because they were hard:
Learn an instrument
Do something worthwhile
Have girlfriends

Now I am completely changing my life but not really the way I live my life. I'd like to be somebody a little better than who I am. And I could use somebody to help me do that. But in the age old catch 22 scenario, I can't get somebody unless I change, but I need somebody to help me change.

Bugger.

But hey, at least the new Mogwai album is good.

Fuck it, this may all be to do with going to ANOTHER wedding. 


Circa '65

Making a beeline for this as soon as term is over.

Such a sweetheart


The music may not be as amazing as it used to be, but the live show is even better now.

No comments: