Saturday, December 20, 2008

HEARTBEAT DRUMMING DOUBLE TIME

11. My Morning Jacket - Touch Me I'm Going To Scream Part 2


I only really liked 2 songs on It Still Moves and I never really got Z until I heard the live album, but Evil Urges was a fantastic album this year. Before it seemed very Country Rock based, but this album had a great all over 70s sound. Touch Me.... was the first single I think and my favourite song on the album. I love an 8-minuter and the intro really makes the song, but the best bit is when the first snare hits in after the intro and you're truly in the bowels of good music.

Below is them doing it for Black Cab sessions. It has the intro.



Here's the official video but it's the edited version

10. Ladyhawke - My Delirium

The problem with the Ladyhawke album is that it's all verse chorus verse chorus chorus chorus chorus with no change anywhere, maybe just a key change. Luckily My Delirium doesn't need it (neither did Paris Is Burning but it gets a bit tired after three songs). It's got a great 80s sound and a very catchy chorus. When that first Hey! comes in, it's time to hit the floor.

No comments: