Sunday, January 18, 2009

GIVE ME MY WINGS


I really don't know what I'm doing. But do any of us? 

I'm retraining to be a primary teacher and let me tell you it's hard as hell. People have said "oh yeah, this and your NQT year are the hardest". I thought it was because you hadn't really developed the skills but it seems to be that a) you have to write all your lessons from scratch (I've written 5 short Sci-Fi stories this week alone) and b) I really don't know what I'm doing. I've been spoon fed some plans but I just don't know if it's right or not. I don't know if I talk to the children in the right way and I don't know if I'm saying the right thing to get the right answers. I don't know if they've actually learned anything that day.

I really don't know what I'm doing when I play football. I play in goal and I just do what I think is right to stop goals going in but I don't know what I'm doing.

I really don't know what I'm doing when it comes to the opposite sex. One proper girlfriend in 30 years of life speaks for itself. I don't know what attracts women. I don't know what is my attractive quality. I don't know the right thing to say. I don't know how to sustain an attraction with a certain female at the moment. I don't know what is too much or what is too little. 

And you don't know anything either. You only know what you've been told or if something isn't right because it didn't work. Even if you're an expert in a certain field you only know what someone else told you, or what you read in a book. 

I really don't know what I'm doing.

No comments: